Anyone can feel at home on the range with this easy chili! Super satisfying on a snowy winter night.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes (diced or plum works too)
- 1/2 pound green beans or broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (15 oz each) beans (any kind), rinsed and drained
- In 5-6 quart pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, stirring occasionally, for about 10 mins, until tender.
- Add chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic, and jalapeno. Cook 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, green beans (or broccoli), sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, and water.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 mins or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in beans and cook 2 mins longer.
Great served with plain greek yogurt and sliced avocado!
Recipe adapted from Good Housekeeping’s Vegetarian Meals and tweaked by Sasha.