This hearty veggie stew is souper delicious and souper easy to make! One recipe makes two large servings.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add onion, garlic, potato, carrots, and pepper.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for 7 mins, stirring occasionally, until vegetables start to brown.
- Add broth, celery, and zucchini and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 15 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, parsley and tomato paste and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 mins.
Yummy Seasoning Options:
- white pepper
- ground sage and thyme
- Italian seasoning
- oregano and thyme
- parsley (fresh or dried)
- fresh cilantro
- sea salt
Recipe adapted from Vegetarian by Hinkler Books and tweaked by Sasha.