This refreshing soup is bursting with yummy veggies and protein-rich peas. A warm bowl of this green goodness will make your heart and soul haPEA. Try it tonight, your body will aPEAciate it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups veggie broth
- 7 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp Bouquet Garni (Italian seasoning also works)
- 1/2 tsp Arizona Dreaming (good quality taco seasoning also works)
- plain Greek yogurt or garlic hummus for garnish
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, covered, until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat (An uncovered pot never boils; cover the pot to get it to boil quicker!). Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and spinach and simmer 4 to 5 minutes more; until peas are just heated through and still a vibrant green.
- Puree the mixture. Using an immersion blender is the easiest, but you can also use a regular blender. Spoon a couple cups of soup at a time into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Use a spoon to stir in the spices.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with Greek yogurt or hummus. Greek yogurt or hummus adds extra flavor and thickness to the soup.
- Pairs well with grilled cheeses or hummus egg toasts! 🙂
Peas, love, and good soup!!!
** To make this hummus heart, Sasha put 1 tbsp hummus in a zip-lock bag and snipped a little hole in the corner. Then, pipe on your design like you would frosting on a cake! Then fill in with a rich red spice, such as Arizona Dreaming or good-quality taco seasoning. **