Sasha’s 24 carrot soup is liquid gold! One recipe serves four very hungry people!
- 8 cups water
- 3 tsp salt
- 8 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large potatoes 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp bouquet garni
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mix water and salt in a 6 quart pot and bring to a boil.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and onions. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree vegetables and cooking water with an immersion blender (an electric blender or food processor also works)
- Return the puree to the pot. Add the pepper, basil. white pepper, and bouquet garni.
- Reheat, uncovered to desired serving temperature. Stir in the butter just before serving.
Great served with a loaf of crusty multi grain bread!
Recipe adapted from Reader’s Digest Quick, Thrifty, Cooking and tweaked by Sasha.