When I say crispy, I mean crispy. And guess what? They’re made with NO oil. The secret: a silicon baking mat. Silicon mats are reusable and super easy to wash, plus they make for the most crispy oven fries—totally worth it. I bought mine on Amazon for a reasonable price!
If you don’t have a silicon baking mat, you may use parchment paper, but I don’t think it will yield quite the same results. I haven’t tried it yet, so let me know if you do!
- 2 Russet potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Optional: paprika, onion powder, chili powder, or Italian seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 430 degrees F.
- Slice up your russet potatoes into thin strips
- Toss potatoes in a bowl with seasonings (or sprinkle seasonings on the potatoes once they’re on the pan if you’re feeling lazy)
- Spread potatoes out evenly on silicon mat lined baking sheet. Make sure there is adequate space between the potatoes and that they aren’t overlapping.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, flipping the potatoes and stirring halfway through.
Dip in ketchup or drench in vegan cheese sauce
Cheap, filling, easy, eco friendly, and healthy. A delicious win.