This one-dish meal covers all the bases: quinoa is a complete protein, almonds are full of healthy fats, and broccoli and sweet potatoes are full of vitamins and fiber. Talk about a home run!
Owl promise you’ll be bowled over by the deliciousness!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about 15 mins, until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, place cut sweet potatoes in a pot and pour in 1/4 inch of water. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 10 mins, until sweet potatoes are slightly tender.
- While potatoes are steaming, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, broccoli, and garlic and cook about 10 mins, until onion is tender.
- Once potatoes are done steaming, drain any excess water.
- Mix potatoes and almonds with broccoli mixture and continue cooking until potatoes are at your desired degree of doneness and the almonds are toasted and fragrant (about 5 more mins).
- Stir the broccoli mixture with the cooked quinoa.
- Season with soy sauce, if you like.
Recipe adapted from Bethany Giles on allrecipes.com and tweaked by Sasha.