***This recipe is exclusively on our website and not our Instagram!***
If you have a hankering for something warm and sweet, here’s the recipe for you! It’s a velvety chocolate cake you can make within minutes. Usually I’m skeptical when it comes to mug cakes because they often don’t taste or feel like the real thing, but this stuff is absolutely divine and spot on every time. It’s all vegan ingredients, so you don’t have to worry about cooking eggs or anything like that. The recipe below is best for a regular 12-ish ounce mug, but I can also confirm that halving the recipe works if you want a baby version (which is what is shown in the pictures.)
• 2 tsp. melted coconut oil (vegetable or canola work too)
• 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
• 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
• 4 1/2 tbls. almond milk or water
• 5 tbls. flour (all-purpose or whole wheat pastry)
• 4 tbls. sugar (raw organic or coconut)
• 1 tbls. unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
• 1/4 tsp. baking soda
• Dash of salt
• Chocolate chips (optional but recommended)
1. Coat mug with oil. I used coconut oil, so I had to melt it in the mug first.
2. Stir in the rest of your liquids: vinegar, almond milk (warm it with the oil if you’re using coconut oil), vanilla. I like using a fork because it acts as a mini whisk.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top or combine with the batter.
4. Microwave for 1 minute, give or take 10 seconds.
5. Add toppings! Chocolate, fruit, frosting, whipped cream, nuts, ice cream, etc.
(recipe inspired by sweetlittlebluebird)