This toasty breakfast bake is like eating a cloud of french toast! After a blissful bite of this, you’ll be on cloud nine and bready to face the day!
*Tip: Prepare the mix the night before, chill overnight, and then pop it in the oven the next morning. By the time you are ready, it will be ready to eat*
- 1 loaf cinnamon bread, cut into cubes (here, Sasha used Pepperidge Farm Caramel Apple bread, but any flavor will work)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1-3 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
- Place the cubed bread and cranberries into a lightly greased 3 quart baking dish
- In a bowl, use a whisk to beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes in the baking dish
- Stir and press the bread cubes into the egg mixture, making sure they are coated
- Refrigerate 1 hour or over night
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
Delicious served with butter, real maple syrup, and a hot cup of your favorite tea! Sasha’s tea pairing suggestion is the mild, warm coziness of Fireside Vanilla Spice.