Starting your day with breakfast boats bursting with veggies will guarantee smooth sailing ahead!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 4 thick slices of crusty multi grain bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen spinach
- 4 eggs
- dried rosemary to taste (3 or 4 pinches)
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic. Saute until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 mins.
- Add frozen spinach and rosemary. Cook until spinach is thawed and warm, about 3 mins.
- In a separate bowl, scramble the eggs by whisking them with a fork. Pour the eggs into the vegetable pan. Cook until eggs reach your desired doneness.
- While eggs cook, prepare the salsa.
- Mix together beans, tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro.
- Toast the bread. A darker toast works best.
- Place sliced avocado on toast, cover with scrambled eggs and top with salsa.
- Season with salt and pepper.