Good morning! Full of protein-packed quinoa and berries bursting with vitamins, Sasha’s breakfast bake is a berry good way to start the day!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted salted nuts (any kind works, and this is optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 3/4 cup milk (can be regular, soy, or nut milk)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups berries (Can be fresh or frozen. Here, Sasha used frozen blueberries and strawberries.)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix the oats, quinoa, nuts, seeds, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Melt the butter
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter, milk, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Top with berries
- Bake for 45 mins at 375, or until berries are bubbly and crust is golden brown.
It’s great topped with vanilla greek yogurt and a pinch of cinnamon!
Recipe adapted from Good Housekeeping January 2015 magazine and tweaked by Sasha.