Treat your tummy with a colorful bowl of tumeric oats! Tumeric is best known for its anti-inflammatory properties (not to add, its epic color).
• 1 cup quick oats
• 2 cup almond milk
• 1/2 tsp tumeric
• 2 tsp agave (or maple syrup or honey if you prefer)
• Optional but recommended: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• Toppings: mixed berries, bananas, pecans, coconut flakes (other ideas include walnuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, nut butter, cacao nips, goji berries, maple syrup, mint leaves, dried cranberries, vegan yogurt, and more!)
• Put oats and almond milk in a pot.
• Cover and put heat on medium high. Let it come to a simmer, then lower heat to medium low. Wait about 5 minutes for the oats to become soft
(Quick oats will take about 5 minutes or so, but follow the instructions for whatever type of oat you’re using! Steel cut oats and rolled oats also work!
• Stir in the tumeric and agave until it’s evenly distributed. If you’re including vanilla and cinnamon, add it at this point too.
• Pour it all in a big bowl and top with your favorite happy things 🙂